You can add a Microsoft® Office document to an activity to share it with other activity users.
Before you begin
You must have the plug-in installed and be configured to use Activities to use this feature. See the topic Configuring the IBM Lotus Connections plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
About this task
You can add a Microsoft Office document to an activity to share it with other activity users.
- Open a document in any of the Microsoft Office applications.
- Do one of the following:
- (Office 2003) Click Add Document to -> Activity.
- (Office 2007, 2010) Click Add -> To Activity.
The name for the activity posting is completed by default with the file name. You can edit this name if you want.
Tags are keywords that you assign to describe your posting. Tags must be entered as a single word, separated by commas or spaces. Payroll, human-resources, and event_planning are examples of valid tag formats.
Do one of the following:
Mark the entry as private if you do not want other users to view it in the activity.
Click OK to save the file to the selected activity.
- Select an existing activity.
- Create an activity. Assign a name and optionally fill out the Tags and Activity Goal field for the activity. You can also assign a due date and invite users to join the activity.
When you open the activity, your file is available as an entry.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Lotus Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows