You can include a video in a blog posting to make it available to readers.
About this task
To add a link to a video or demo to a blog posting you can link directly to a Flash demo if you have the URL for the video file. A Flash demo usually has a *.swf file extension. If you are linking to an embedded video, such as a video in a YouTube page, you must copy the information for embedding the video and paste it into the HTML page of the rich text editor.
- Create a blog entry.
- To insert a Flash video, do the following:
- Click the Flash icon on the toolbar of the rich text editor. on the toolbar of the rich text editor.
- Enter the URL for the Flash demo.
- (Optional) Override the default display settings by entering values in pixels for the width and height, as well as how much vertical space to display above and below the video.
- (Optional) Click Preview to see how the video will appear in the blog entry.
- To embed a video, such as video from a YouTube page, do the following:
- Click the HTML Source tab in the toolbar of the rich text editor so you can enter HTML tags.
- Copy the <embed> object information for the video you want to use and paste it into the editor.
For example, on YouTube, copy the contents of the Embed
field to the right of the video. For example:
<object width="425" height="344">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
- (Optional) Add any other text you want to display in the entry.
Note: You can click the Rich Text tab to switch to rich text mode for entering text.
- Save the entry.
What to do next
When users view this post they can view the Flash demo or the embedded video.
Parent topic: Creating a blog entry