Silently add applications to your deployment of IBM® Lotus® Connections.
Before you begin
Create a response file for the modification task by running a simulated modification. For more information, see the Creating a response file
Instead of generating a new response file, you can edit the default response file that is provided with the product. However, if you use the default response file, you need to add a encrypted password to the file:
- Open a command prompt and change to the <Lotus_Connections_setup>/Lotus_Connections_install/IM/<OS> directory, where <OS> is your operating system.
- Run the following command:
Add the encrypted password to the relevant line in the LC_modify_add.rsp response file. You usually need to enter passwords for both the WebSphere® Application Server administrator and the database user. For example:
- AIX® or Linux®: IBMIM -silent -noSplash -encryptString <Password>
- Windows®: IBMIMc.exe -silent -noSplash -encryptString <Password>
where <Password> is your password.
<data key='user.activities.adminuser.password' value='<encrypted_password>'/>
Repeat these steps for each unique password.
<data key='user.activities.dbUserPassword value='<encrypted_password>'/>
where <encrypted_password> is the value generated by the command.
You might also need to change the default WebSphere Application Server administrator name from wasadmin, if different from your administrator name.
About this task
A silent modification uses a response file to automate the addition of applications to your deployment.
To change the paths to the response file and log file, edit the generate_other_responsefile.sh|bat
To perform a silent modification, complete the following steps:
- Open a command prompt and change to the IBM Installation Manager directory. The default location is:
Run the following command:
- AIX or Linux: /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse
- Windows: C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse
Check the uninstall.log file for errors and repeat this task if necessary.
- AIX or Linux: ./IBMIM --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input lotus_connections_root/silentResponseFile/LC_modify_add.rsp -log ./modifyAdd.log
- Windows: .\IBMIMc.exe --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input lotus_connections_root\silentResponseFile\LC_modify_add.rsp -log .\modifyAdd.log
Parent topic: Modifying the installation in silent mode
Creating a response file