Adding the Lotus Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus Sametime to your clientAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the built-in upgrade facility of the Sametime® client to install the features provided by the Lotus® Connections Plug-in for Sametime that your administrator has made available to you. If you do not have access to the plug-in, contact your site administrator.
Use the built-in upgrade facility of the Sametime® client to install the features provided by the Lotus® Connections Plug-in for Sametime that your administrator has made available to you. If you do not have access to the plug-in, contact your site administrator.
Before you begin
Your Sametime client must be version 8.0 or later.
About this task
To add the Lotus Connections features to your Sametime client, complete the following steps:
- From the Sametime client on which you want to implement the features, select Tools -> Plug-Ins -> Install Plug-ins from the menu.
- On the Install/Updates page, choose Search for new features to install, and then click Next.
- Select New Remote Site.
- Type a name, such as Lotus Connections Plugin, in the Name field, and then type the web address provided by your administrator in the URL field.
- Click OK.
- In the Updates window, expand the site you selected, and then expand the Lotus Connections folder.
- Select the check box next to Lotus Connections if you want to install all plug-in features. If you want to only install certain features, select the check boxes for the components individually:
- Activities Sametime Feature – Use this feature to save chats to activities, open activities from your Sametime window, or find activities that you share with a contact.
Note: To display the Save chat to activities icon, enable the Allow user to save chat log option on the Sametime server.
- Connections Business Card – Use this feature to find out more about the people in your Sametime Contact list by viewing their business cards.
- Communities Sametime Feature - Use this feature to save chats to communities forums.
Click each feature to read its license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next to open the installation page.
Review the features to be installed, and then click Finish.
After the client restarts, select File -> Preferences, and then click Connections.
Fill out the fields in the Preferences page:
- User name – Type the user name you use to log into Lotus Connections.
- Password – Type the password associated with the user name you use to log into Lotus Connections.
- Server URL – Server URL - Type the web address for the Connections server provided by your administrator. For example: http://enterprise.acme.com .
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Parent topic: IBM Lotus Connections Plug-in for IBM Lotus Sametime