Start a discussion with members of your community by adding a topic to one of the community forums. Anyone who can access the forums can view the new topic.
Before you begin
The Forums application must be available in your community for you to be able to add a discussion topic. When you see a Forums
area on the community's Overview page, this means that the application is enabled for your community. You must be a community member to post topics to a community's forums.
To add a topic to a community forum, complete the following steps.
- On the community's Overview page, click Start a Topic in the Forums area of the page.
If you are the first member to add a forum topic, the link displays as Start the First Topic.
- Required: Enter the title of the discussion topic in the Title field.
- To mark the topic as a question, select Mark this topic as a question.
- Enter one or more tags in the Tags field.
- Enter the content of your topic in the rich-text field provided. Be as descriptive as possible. Remember that you want to start a discussion, so include relevant information to interest other community members and get them involved.
- Required: Select the community forum where you want to add the topic from the Forum list.
- To attach a file to the topic, click Attach a File and browse for a file.
- Click Save.
Parent topic: Using community forums
Adding forums to a community
Browsing community forums