Changing references to administrative credentialsAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Update the aliases that reference the administrative user IDs and passwords used to handle server-to-server communication.
Update the aliases that reference the administrative user IDs and passwords used to handle server-to-server communication.
Before you begin
This is an optional procedure.
- To update the aliases that manage server-to-server communication, you must edit the associated J2C authentication data for the alias. In the WebSphere® Application Server administration console, select Security -> Global security.
- In the Authentication area, expand Java Authentication and Authorization Service, and click J2C authentication data.
- Click the connectionsAdmin alias to edit it.
You defined the current user ID and password to use for the connectionsAdmin alias during the installation. The user id and password must be one of the following values:
- A valid user in the organization's LDAP service. Organizational security requirements may require you to change this password periodically, in which case the stored credentials will need to be updated to reflect the new password.
- A user defined in the WebSphere Identity Manager.
- Update the values that have changed.
- Apply and save the changes.
- Restart the servers hosting Lotus® Connections.
- If you changed the name of the administrative user, you must update the mapping for the following J2EE roles:
Table 1. Application J2EE roles and aliases
|Application J2EE role||Alias||Description|
|dsx-admin||connectionsAdmin||Accesses user information from the Profiles or Communities databases using the corresponding directory service extensions. |
|search-admin||connectionsAdmin||Indexes the applications to support advanced searches across the product. |
|widget-admin||connectionsAdmin||Accesses other applications from the Communities application to support the widgets that are available within Communities. |
See Switching to unique administrator IDs for system level communication
for more details.
- Perform some additional steps to update the messaging bus configuration, which also relies on the connectionsAdmin alias. See Updating the messaging bus configuration when the connectionsAdmin user ID changes for more details.
Parent topic: Managing stored credentials
Configuring J2C authentication for Search
Switching to unique administrator IDs for system level communication
Updating the messaging bus configuration when the connectionsAdmin user ID changes