You can add a setting to the profiles-config.xml
file to change the order in which the full report-to chain is displayed on the Reporting Structure page.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
Users can click Full Report-to Chain
in a profile to view the profile owner's place in the organization's reporting structure on the Reporting Structure page. By default, the page displays a user's place in the organizational hierarchy from the bottom up, that is, starting with the current user and listing the people in the reporting chain up to the CEO position. You can reverse the sorting order and show the reporting chain top-down by adding a setting to the profiles-config.xml
To reverse the sorting order of the report-to chain displayed on the Reporting Structure page, you must edit properties in the profiles-config.xml
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Profiles Jython script interpreter.
- Enter the following command to access the Profiles configuration files:
- Enter the following command to check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:
- Microsoft Windows:
- Open the profiles-config.xml file in a text editor.
- Add the following setting to the <properties> section of the file:
<property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.ui.reportingChain.bottomUp" value="false"/>
- Save your changes and close the configuration file.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes in Profiles for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topic: Configuring advanced settings in Profiles
Applying property changes in Profiles
Configuring the reporting structure feature by profile type