Change default directories for the File Upload directory from the IBM® websphere Application Server (WAS) administrator console.
Before you begin
By default, the File Upload directory is stored in the Lotus® Connections data directory under Blogs. This variable is stored in the WebSphere® Application Server variables. You can change the location of the file upload directory by updating the WebSphere Application Server variable.
About this task
To change the location, complete the following steps:
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
- Select Environment -> WebSphere variables.
- Select BLOGS_CONTENT_DIR from the list of WebSphere variables.
- Specify the directory on the server used for file uploads in the Value field and click Apply.
This should be a shared drive when deployed in a cluster. For example, BLOGS_CONTENT_DIR = C:/IBM/WebSphere/LotusConnections/Data/blogs/upload.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Blogs server for your changes to take effect.
What to do next
If you change the location of the File Upload directory, make sure you copy any content from the default directory to the new location.
Parent topic: Administering Blogs