Configuring Lotus ConnectionsAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can use the plug-ins, you must provide information about the Lotus® Connections servers to which the plug-ins will connect.
Before you can use the plug-ins, you must provide information about the Lotus® Connections servers to which the plug-ins will connect.
Before you begin
A application must be installed and available from a Lotus Connections server before a plug-in can use it. The plug-ins extend the following Lotus Connections applications:
Trust association must be enabled on the WebSphere® Application Server hosting the Activities application for the Activities capabilities of the plug-ins to function properly. Trust association is enabled during the installation by default. But, if it is subsequently disabled, you must enable it before the plug-ins will function properly. See Enabling the trust association
About this task
To configure the Lotus Connections plug-ins, complete the following steps:
- To display the configuration settings page, do one of the following:
In the server URL fields, enter the web addresses for the servers that support the applications you plan to use. If you do not know the server web addresses, contact your site administrator.
- From a Microsoft Office application, click the Lotus Connections toolbar button, and then choose Configure Lotus Connections from the menu.
- From Microsoft Windows Explorer, right-click a file that you want to add to an activity, and choose Add to Activity. If the configuration settings page is not displayed, click the Settings button.
- From the Notes client, click the Lotus Connections bookmark folder to open the bookmarks list, and then click Lotus Connections Settings.
- From the Sametime client, select File -> Preferences, and then click Lotus Connections.
- From the Portlet Menu, select Configure.
Specify the authentication type and URL you are using from the following choices:
Use the following syntax to specify the server web address:
Click OK to save the configuration settings.
- HTTP Basic
Note: You do not need to specify an authentication URL for this option.
Note: The user name and password fields are disabled when SPNEGO is selected because it uses Kerbors as the login.
- Sun Access Manager
- Tivoli® Access Manager
Configuring IBM HTTP Server for SSL