Edit settings in the profiles-config.xml
file to define the interval at which events are deleted from the Profiles database and specify how often the event log clean-up task runs.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
In IBM® Lotus Connections 3, a new process has been added to clean up the event log table and ensure that events are periodically removed from the Profiles database. By default, the clean-up process automatically removes any entries in the EVENTLOG table that are older than 30 days and the process is run once a day. You can change these default settings if necessary.
To configure event log clean-up for Profiles, you must add properties to the profiles-config.xml
file manually as follows.
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Profiles Jython script interpreter.
- Enter the following command to access the Profiles configuration files:
- Enter the following command to check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:
- Microsoft Windows:
- Open the profiles-config.xml file in a text editor.
- Add the following settings to the "Additional config settings START" section of the file:
<property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.EventLogToKeepInDays" value="30"/>
<property name="com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.DBCleanupIntervalInMinutes" value="1440"/>
Defines how long (in days) events are kept in the EVENTLOG table. After the specified time, the events are deleted from the database. The default value is 30.com.ibm.lconn.profiles.config.DBCleanupIntervalInMinutes
Specifies the interval (in minutes) at which events are deleted from the EVENTLOG table. The default value is 720.
- Save your changes and close the configuration file.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes in Profiles for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topic: Configuring advanced settings in Profiles
Applying property changes in Profiles
Managing the Profiles event log