Contact fellow community members and give them the latest community news using email. You must be a member of a community to mail members of that community.
Before you begin
To send email to your community, email must be configured to display in your deployment. If the administrator has disabled email for your deployment, the Mail Community
option does not display.
About this task
You can send email to other community members directly from your community. There is no limit on the number of people that you can email, however, you cannot specify individual members of the community as recipients. You must send the notification to all community members or community owners only. Choosing the option to send the notification to all community members means that the email is also sent to community owners.
- From the community's Overview page, select Community Actions -> Mail Community.
- Do one of the following.
- To send the notification using your default email client, click Click to send using your favorite e-mail client.
- To use the email form provided:
- Specify the recipients of the email.
Enter a title for your message in the Subject field. The title is prefixed by the name of the community by default.
Type the content of your message in the Message field and click Send.
- To send the message to everyone in the community, select Members.
- To send the message to community owners only, select Owners.
Parent topic: Working with communities