Use a blog to enhance your community with a way to ask a question, brainstorm, or simply share your ideas.
About this task
If you have Lotus Connections Communities installed and you are a community owner, you can create a blog for the use of the community members. Each community can have only one blog. The way you can view and access a community blog depends on the type of community, as follows:
- If your community is restricted, the blog will also be restricted and for the exclusive use of community members. It will not display on the Public Blogs page, but it will appear on your My Blogs page.
- If your community is public, the blog will also be public. In this case, the blog will display on the Public Blogs page as well as your My Blogs page.
- If your community is a moderated community, which is a public community that users must ask to join, the blog will be public, and will display on the Public Blogs page as well as your My Blogs page.
In all of these cases, comment moderation for the blog is disabled by default unless it is configured by an administrator. To turn on comment moderation, so that you or an approved reviewer reads and approves comments before they are posted to the blog, click the Settings
link for your blog and enable the Moderate comments
To create a community blog:
- From your community's overview page, click Community Actions -> Customize and select Blog.
The community blog is created and displays on the community's overview page.
- Choose Create Your First Entry to create the first blog entry.
- Return to your community.
The new entry displays in the blog section.
What to do next
From the community, you can:
- Click Create Blog Entry to create a blog entry.
- Click View All to open the Blogs page and see all entries for this blog.
- Click the Community Actions button at the top of the community page, then click the Blogs tab to change blog settings such as the title, description, tags, timezone, member access, and whether the comments should be moderated.
The community blog you create also displays on your My Blogs page. You can edit all settings for the blog except for membership from that page as well as from the community.
Parent topic: Creating a blog