Creating an activity from a templateAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Create an activity from a template when there is a template available that was designed for the goal that you want to accomplish. The right template can get you and your team started on a project more quickly and effectively.
Create an activity from a template when there is a template available that was designed for the goal that you want to accomplish. The right template can get you and your team started on a project more quickly and effectively.
Before you begin
You cannot use this procedure to create a community activity. For information about creating a community activity from a template, see Creating a community activity
in the Communities Help.
About this task
To create an activity from a template, complete the following steps:
- Click the Activity Templates tab to see a list of the available templates. Click More beside a template title to read its description.
- After you find a template that you want to use, open it if it is not already open, and then click Start an Activity from this Template.
- Add values or change the values of any activity fields that you want to change.
- From the Starting page field, choose which view to display by default when the activity is opened.
- Specify who should belong to this activity.
To add a person, group, or community to a role other than the default role of author, click the down-arrow beside the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
- To keep the people defined as members of the template associated with this activity, select Use members from template.
- To add an individual person or group, expand Add a Member. Begin typing the group or person's name or email address into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that person or group.
- To add all of the members of a community to the template, expand Share with Communities. Begin typing the community name into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that community.
Click Save to create the activity.
Can view content, add entries, and edit own entries. Owner
Can add content and can view and edit all entries. As the activity creator, you are automatically added to it as an owner.Reader
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to viewing content only.
Parent topic: Working with activity templates
Starting an activity