Create an activity template to help yourself and other members of your team to organize the steps and resources involved in completing a common task.
Before you begin
When you create a template from scratch, you are identifying key parts of a process. To create a useful template, you should be familiar with the process or consult with someone who has experience with the process and knows what bookmarks, IBM® Lotus® Notes® databases, document files, spreadsheets, and presentations are needed by someone who is attempting to complete the process. The template creator should also know the tasks required and the best order in which those tasks should be performed.
About this task
You cannot use this procedure to create a community activity template.
To create a template from scratch, complete the following steps:
- Click the Activity Templates tab.
- Click Create a Template.
- Fill in the following fields. None of the fields is required.
Type a title for the template. If you do not provide a title, it is named Untitled by default.About this template
Type a description of the template. Describe why someone would want to use it.Tags
Type one or more keywords that should be associated with activities that are created from this template. When someone creates an activity based on this template, the tags you define here are assigned to the resulting activity. Separate multiple tags with commas.
- Create a member list for the template. Members have access to the template and can help you seed the template with entries. Adding entries helps to create the workflow of the activities that will use the template. To create a member list, perform one of the following steps:
To add a person, group or community to a role other than the default role of author, click the down-arrow beside the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
- To add an individual person or group, expand Add a Member. Begin typing the group or person's name or email address into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that person or group.
- To add all of the members of a community to the template, expand Share with Communities. Begin typing the community name into the second field. As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that community.
Repeat the previous two steps to add additional members.
Click Save to create the template.
Seed the template with entries. Add entries to guide users of the template through the process that you designed it for.
Can view content, add entries, and edit own entries. Owner
Can add content and can view and edit all entries. As the activity creator, you are automatically added to it as an owner.Reader
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to viewing content only.
What to do next
The template is now ready for use. Be the first to put it to the test by creating an activity from the template.
Parent topic: What is an activity template?
What is an activity template?
Creating an activity from a template