About this task
You cannot use the customization debugging capability to test edited strings.
- Blog widget in Communities: <customizationDir>\communities\lc-widgets-communities-blogs.war\script\lconn\communitiesBlog\nls\strings.js
- Bookmarks application: <customizationDir>\dogear\lwp\dogear.web\coreui\dojo\lconn\dogear\nls\strings.js
- Bookmarklet: <customizationDir>\sn.infra\lwp\lc.bookmarklet\dojo\lconn\dogear\nls\strings.js
- <customizationDir>\homepage\com\ibm\enabler\nls\common_en.js: Strings displayed in several pages in the Home page application, such as Getting Started, Widgets, and Updates
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\updates_en.js: Strings displayed in the Updates page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\gettingstarted_en.js: Strings displayed in the getting started page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\widgetsPage_en.js: Strings displayed in the widgets page
- <customizationDir>\homepage\base\nls\iWidgets_en.js: Strings displayed in widgets
- <customizationDir>\homepage\dojo_1.4\dojo\nls\dojo_en.js: Strings displayed in base widget provided by the Dojo Toolkit
<customizationDir>\news\dojo_1.4\lconn\nls\emailDigest_en.js: Strings for dijit in email digest preferences pageProfiles
Use one of the following language codes:
- Repeat the previous step until you have replaced all of the strings that you want to change.
- Using the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, restart the application associated with the file that you have changed.
- Test your changes by clearing your browser cache, and then refreshing the browser.
- To force all user web browsers to refresh all cached content and display your changes, run the command that updates the product version stamp.
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Lotus® Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If you are prompted to specify which server to connect to, type 1.
Note: This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the Lotus Connections configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Lotus Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Enter the following command to increment the value of the versionStamp property:
LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","<gmt_timestamp>") where <gmt_timestamp> is the GMT time. You can specify an empty string for the time stamp or provide a GMT value string. When you specify an empty string, the client calculates the current GMT time and updates the version stamp with that value. If you choose to provide the time, specify it using the following format: yyyyMMdd.HHmmss and specify the time in GMT. It is best to provide an empty string and let the client format the time stamp. For example: LCConfigService.updateConfig("versionStamp","").
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying common configuration property changes for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topic: Customizing product strings