To delete a post from a blog, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Deleted blog posts cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a blog post, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieving the Blogs service document.
- In the service document, find the workspace for the blog from which you want to delete the post, and then retrieve the web address of the "weblog Entries" collection in that workspace.
- Send a GET request to the weblog Entries collection.
- In the returned feed, find the entry and note down the value of the href attribute of its <link rel="edit" type="application/atom+xml" ... > element.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address defined in that href attribute.
|Method||Resource||URI||Input and output representations|
|DELETE||blog post||Value of the href attribute of the <link> element with the rel attribute of edit for each entry in the weblog Entries feed.||none|
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the blog post was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).Errors
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topic: Working with blog posts
Blog posting content