Edit configuration property settings to prevent users from uploading file attachments to forums.
About this task
By default, users can upload file attachments to forum topics, however you can disable this functionality by configuring a setting in the forum-config.xml
file. If users have already uploaded file attachments to the Forums application and you subsequently disable this capability, the attachments are no longer visible in the user interface. The user interface options for adding and working with attachments are also hidden.
To disable the upload of file attachments in Forums, complete the following steps.
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Forums Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Forums configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Forums configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Lotus® Connections application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Open the forum-config.xml file using a text editor.
- Change the value specified for the <allow-upload> property from true to false as follows:
- Save your changes and close the forum-config.xml file.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes for information about how to save and apply your changes.
Parent topic: Managing file attachments in Forums
Applying property changes in Forums