Enabling the display of organizational structure informationAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use scripts to enable or disable the display of organizational structure information in Profiles.
Use scripts to enable or disable the display of organizational structure information in Profiles.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
You can enable or disable the ability of Profiles to display information about where an employee fits within the company's organizational structure. You might disable this setting if your corporate directory service cannot provide the data that Profiles needs to depict organizational structure.
To configure the display of organizational structure information, complete the following steps.
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the Profiles configuration files.
- Enter the following command to access the Profiles configuration files:
- Enter the following command to check out the Profiles configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Profiles application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor: print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:
- Microsoft Windows:
- To enable or disable the display of organizational structure information, use the following command:
- <property> is one of the editable Profiles configuration properties.
- <value> is the new value with which you want to set that property.
The following table displays information regarding the organizational structure property and the type of data you can enter for it.
Table 1. The Profiles organizational structure property
|organizationalStructure.enabled||Indicates if the organizational structure information (report-to chain, people managed, same manager) should be displayed.|
This property takes a Boolean value. true or false. The value must be formatted in lowercase.
For example, to disable the display of information:
If you choose to disable the organizational structure application, you must also disable the reporting structure widget. This can be done by commenting out the widget in the widgets-config.xml
<!--<widgetInstance uiLocation="col3" defIdRef="reportStructure"/>-->
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes for information about how to save and apply your changes.