To flag a file as inappropriate, send an Atom entry document containing the report to the Files content reporting mechanism.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To flag a file as inappropriate, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve a feed that contains the file that you want to flag. For details, see Getting a feed of a person's library.
- Find the entry that represents the file, and then make a note of the value of its <td:uuid> element.
- Create a report entry document to send as input on the request. In it, identify the file that you want to flag by including a link element that contains a ref attribute equal to the <td:uuid> value that you noted in the previous step. For example:
<content type="text">Human Resources would object to this image.</content>
- Send a POST request to the URI specified in the table below. Pass the report entry document as input on the request.
|POST||Inappropriate content reporting mechanism||basic/api/reports||report|
Provide a report Atom entry document. The content type of the Atom entry document must be application/atom+xml.
Returned HTTP headers
Indicates that the flag was accepted. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Errors
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Parent topic: Flagging Files content
Report entry content