ShowTable of Contents
At times, Lotus Expeditor Integrator may fail to receive or process JMS messages from various clients. This article provides a list of must-gather steps required for problem determination.
Check Microbroker Status
The Microbroker is responsible for receiving incoming JMS messages as well connecting servers such as WebSphere MQ to Integrator. Briefly review the state of the Microbroker at the time of a failure to ensure it is operational. The following OSGI console commands can be used to do so. For more information on the OSGI console and its usage, see An Overview of the OSGI Console
checkmsgserverstatus <pipename> - Checks the connection status of pipes connected to the back-end messaging servers
checkinternalQstatus - Check the current and maximum depths of all queues
showMsgClients - Display all connected Messaging Clients
Questions to consider when reviewing output from the above commands:
Is the expected JMS client connected to Integrator? If so, when was it last active?
Is the queue depth (number of messages on a given queue) increasing or decreasing?
Is the pipe established to the back-end messaging server?
To diagnose Integrator failures, the following trace settings should be enabled.
Both trace settings should be set to the FINEST level. Details on how to set trace may be found in the Static Tracing and Dynamic Tracing section of Troubleshooting Using Tracing
MQ JMS Trace
If problems are related to sending or receiving messages from servers such as WebSphere MQ (also known as bridged communication), enable MQ JMS trace. Begin by stopping the Integrator server. You may enable tracing either using the scripted or manual method. Once tracing has been update, start the Integrator server.
On the command line change directory to the Integrator installation directory. Execute:
XPDintegMaint.bat -addParams maintenance\mqjmsON.txt
Trace files will be written to c:\temp by default. To change the location of trace files, edit the -DMQJMS_TRACE_DIR property in the mqjmsON.txt file. To disable tracing, execute:
XPDintegMaint.bat -addParams maintenance\mqjmsOFF.txt
After Problem Occurrence
Execute the following commands on the OSGI console.
The dump threads command should then be executed two more times if Integrator is unresponsive or believed to hung. Ideally, execute the command thirty seconds after the previous dump threads command.
Provide Data to IBM Support
- Create an ISA collection by using the OSGI commands referenced in IBM Lotus Expeditor Support Collecting ISA Data. Alternatively, use the Web Admin's Administer -> More Platform actions -> ISA Collector action to start an ISA Collection.
- Details or output from the Microbroker Status related questions.
- Provide the ISA collection file referenced by the command output.
- Provide a ZIP file containing the following directories located within <rcp_home>, for example, D:\IBM\Lotus\Integrator:
- Corresponding client trace - for example, a JMS client, another Microbroker, or an MQTT client that reports messages unable to be delivered to Integrator.