ShowTable of Contents
When opening a browser within the Expeditor Client, a new process called IEOOP.exe may be seen. Depending on your configuration, you may see one or many IEOOP process for each browser instance. IEOOP stands for IE out of process. It is used when the browser is launched with the enableApplet=true flag. Since Java Virtual Machines (JVM) before 126.96.36.199 could not be nested within another JVM, browser instances which need to run Java (as in an applet) need to use another process outside the core expeditor process.
Before You Begin
It is very important to confirm that any crashes or hangs associated with Expeditor and web applications do not
occur in Internet Explorer. To confirm, open the web application in Internet Explorer directly and conduct testing.
Setting IEOOP Logging
Later versions of the com.ibm.rcp.swt.browser.dom plugin support additional logging. If you are unsure of your version, contact support. To enable additional logging, edit the file <expeditor>/rcp/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.rcp.swt.browser.dom.ie_<version>/os/win32\x86/ieoop.ini. Ensure the following properties are configured:
When ieoop.enable.logging is enabled, an IEOOP.log file is created in either the root drive (such as C:) or the Expeditor logs directory. In the event a dump occurs, an IEOOP-<date>-<id>.dmp file exists.
When problems with the web browser occur, please provide the .log and .dmp files when they exist.
Setting Embedded Browser Logging
Using the OSGI console, it is recommended to enable tracing for the embedded browser component. Enable the OSGI console using the wiki article An Overview of the OSGI Console
. Execute the following commands to enable tracing for the browser component.
setlogrlev com.ibm.rcp.ui.internal.browser FINEST
setlogrlev com.ibm.rcp.ui.browser FINEST
setlogrlev com.ibm.rcp.browser FINEST
Manually Creating IEOOP Dump Files
In circumstances where support directs you to generate dump files, complete the following.
Obtain Microsoft Developer Tools
1. After installation of WinDbg and the symbols file, launch WinDbg from Debugging Tools for Windows (x86) -> WinDbg from the programs list.
2. Select File -> Symbol File Path ... -> Browse to the directory where the symbols download installed.
1. Launch the web browser within the Expeditor Client.
2. In WinDbg, select File -> Attach to a process ... and locate the IEOOP.exe process.
3. Select Debug -> Go.
4. Either reproduce or wait for the crash.
5. After the crash occurs, on the command line type .dump -f <filename>.
6. Additionally run .dump /ma <Output file location> on the command line.
7. On Expeditor's OSGI console, run the command dump threads. For more information on the OSGI console and the dump threads command, see An Overview of the OSGI Console
Collect Data for IBM Support
Use the ISA collector to obtain ISA data for IBM support. See IBM Lotus Expeditor Support Collecting ISA Data
for more information on providing data. Provide the following details to support:
- ISA Collection file.
- Any files such as the .log and .dmp files generated to the root drive (such as C:) or from the .dump commands.
- Steps used to reproduce the error.
- A sample or the actual web page's HTML causing the IEOOP error or crash.