The Script Assistant window, opened by clicking the question mark button on the OpenSpan Scripting Container toolbar, will help you to create syntactically correct code by copying and pasting properties and methods from the Script Assistant directly into the scripting editor.
The Script Assistant is populated automatically with properties and methods from the adapters and controls in your composite application, which are presented in five sections:
- Script input parameter – This is the wire value that executes the script.
- Property Broker properties – These are the defined properties for interrogated controls listed in the Property Broker Properties list box. The Property Broker properties is the list box that displays directly below the Object Explorer (on the Interrogation tab of the Edit Component Properties window) and lists the previously selected and default properties for interrogated components.
- Interrogated controls - Any interrogated control's properties and methods can be accessed natively using the methods listed in this section of the Script Assistant.
- Adapter Methods – Adapters can be controlled (e.g., started, stopped, shown, hidden) using the methods listed.
- Extended Functions – These functions don't interact with the controls or the adapter. Rather, they are additional functions you can use to show message boxes, pause the execution of a script, or write to log files.