Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Follow these steps:
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, accounts.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery2 plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To launch the test runtime:
- Select Run > Run Configurations... from the main menu.
- Select Client Services and click New.
- Type a unique name for your configuration, such as Accounts Application.
- Select the Plug-ins tab and verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.accounts.browse plug-in is selected.
- Select the Arguments tab and verify that –console is in the Program Arguments field.
- Click Apply and then Run to launch the Lotus® Expeditor workbench.
- To start the sample in the Lotus Expeditor workbench, click Open and then click Accounts Sample.
Parent topic: Accounts: XPD621
Running the sample
This sample contributes a new perspective and view to the Lotus Expeditor workbench: Accounts Perspective
and Accounts View
You can perform the following tasks from the Accounts View:
- View a list of defined accounts, displayed by account name.
- Add an account: Select Add and complete the information in the dialog box shown. Select Refresh to display the name of the added account in the list of accounts.
- Delete an account: Select the name of an account in the list and click Delete. The deleted account is removed from the list.
- Display the contents of an account: Select an account in the list.
- Refresh the list of accounts. Click Refresh.
- Log in to an account: Select Login. A message is displayed in the lower left corner of the view, indicating if the login was successful.
- Launch a browser to access a remote service defined in an account: Select an account and click Launch.
Note: You must first select Login and successfully log in to an account before selecting Launch for that account.
The sample application is not available in the launch list.Cause:
The com.ibm.rcp.samples.accounts.browse plug-in is not present or does not resolve in the client platform.Action:
Verify that the com.ibm.rcp.samples.accounts.browse plug-in is contained in the runtime. If the plug-in is present, check the status of the plug-in. Go to the Console view and use the b com.ibm.rcp.samples.accounts.browse command. The second line of output indicates the plug-in status. If the status is not RESOLVED or ACTIVE, there is a problem with the plug-in and its dependencies. Use the diag com.ibm.rcp.samples.accounts.browse command to identify any unsatisfied dependencies. Resolve any missing dependencies and restart the platform.Problem:
There is an error message displayed in the lower left of the screen when you select an account and click Login.Cause:
The account information is invalid, or there is not a network connection to the resource defined in the account.Action:
Verify that the user ID, password, and server information is correctly defined in the account. Verify that there is an active network connection from your client to the resource defined in the account.