Browsing the catalogAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can browse the catalog to optionally add widgets to your My Widgets sidebar panel.
You can browse the catalog to optionally add widgets to your My Widgets sidebar panel.
- Click Catalog -> Browse in the My Widgets options menu. This action opens the widget catalog. You can browse this catalog by preset views such All Widgets, By Author, or By Category.
- Locate a widget that you want to add to your My Widgets sidebar panel.
- To add an individual widget from the catalog, open the widget document and drag the EXTENSION.XML attachment to your My Widgets sidebar panel.
- You are allowed to edit or remove widgets that you install using this method. However if you edit or remove a widget added in this manner, you will be prompted to specify if you want to receive future catalog updates for that widget. If you choose to receive future updates, the updates will replace any changes you make to the widget locally.
- To add a category of widgets to your My Widgets sidebar panel, click Catalog -> Preferences from your My Widgets options menu, check the categories that you want to install, click Apply and then click OK.
To immediately update the widgets in your My Widgets sidebar panel, click Catalog
-> Update Widgets
from the My Widgets options menu. Otherwise, they will be updated automatically on a scheduled basis.
Parent topic: Creating and publishing widgets: XPD621