You can modify the look and feel of portlets. Use the instructions in this section to modify the portlet user interface elements used by the Portlet Container.
The Portlet Container branding extension applies to all portlets deployed to the Lotus® Expeditor runtime.
These instructions include the creation and deployment of a branding Web application. This Web application will include the portlet user interface elements including the HTML style sheet, the icons, and the screen colors.
To modify the look and feel of portlets, follow these steps:
- Create a Client Services Web project. Refer to ditatopicnotfound for instructions on how to create a Web application.
- Select Import -> General -> File System to add the branding resources (styleSheet, and icons, for example) to the Web application.
- Open the plugin.xml descriptor and add a com.ibm.rcp.portletcontainer.branding.theme extension contribution.
The following is an example of a branding extension for Expeditor 6.2:
Administrators should modify the resource paths to match how the resources are packaged in the Web application.
- Click the Save button to save all changes made to the plugin.xml descriptor. The branding Web application is now ready to be distributed to the Lotus Expeditor runtime.
- See Packaging applications for deployment for instructions on how to distribute the branding Web application.
Parent topic: Specifying platform branding: XPD621