Contributing a panel to a sidebarAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
The sidebar can contain one or more panels. Panels contain views associated with applications. To contribute a panel to a sidebar, perform the following steps:
- Use the com.ibm.rcp.ui.shelfViews extension point to define a panel contribution. Define values for the following attributes in the <shelfview> element.
- id -- Unique ID to distinguish each contributing view. If there are repeated IDs, only one of the views will be displayed.
- view -- ID of the view to be displayed.
- region -- Positions the view within the stack of views set to be displayed in the sidebar. Options are TOP, MIDDLE, or BOTTOM. BOTTOM is the default; if you do not specify a value, the panel is added to the bottom of the stack.
- page -- Determines which sidebar the view should be displayed in. This value must match the ShelfPage ID specified when the ShelfPage was instantiated. For example, if you are adding a panel to the a sidebar for which you created two ShelfPage objects, with the IDs RIGHT and LEFT, the options for the page value would be RIGHT and LEFT.
- showTitle -- Boolean value. Determines whether or not to show the title bar.
Note: Note: The com.ibm.rcp.platform.shelfViews extension point has been deprecated, but is being maintained for backwards compatibility.
Create the sidebar.
Display the sidebar in the window.
Call the update method of ShelfPage to display the panels.
Parent topic: Sidebar view: XPD621