You can define a new Eclipse preference on one or more clients using a new preference task.
To run a new preference task using the administrative console, follow these steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Click on the client ID of one of the clients. You will be able to select additional clients in a later step, including targeting a filter.
- Click Preference Inventory.
- Select New Preferences from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type and click Next. See Managing tasks for more information.
- Enter the path, value and scope of the new preference. The path is in the form plugin_name/preference_name. For a description of the scope values, see Managing Eclipse preferences.
- To create multiple preferences click Add. When you are done adding preferences, click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. Click Next when complete. See Targeting tasks for more information.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Task options for more information.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
If you attempt to create a new preference that already exists, the existing preference value will be updated.
Parent topic: Managing the Eclipse preferences: XPD621