The information in this section is required if Client Management Services is being deployed into a WebSphere® managed environment.
The Client Management Services user interface is deployed as an extension of the WebSphere Administration console. The WebSphere Administration console is a system application. System applications are not contained in the WebSphere Configuration profile. This means that normal methods of remotely deploying an application do not apply. This also means that the Client Management Services user interface must be physically copied to the deployment manager system.
The files must either be downloaded from the Expeditor Server or copied from the system on which the Expeditor Server is deployed.
The URLs to download the user interface files are:
Client Management Services must be running to download these files.
The files can also be located on the server where the Expeditor Server (with Client Management Services) is deployed:
- Server install directory/ClientMgmt/deploy/ecm.gui.war
- Server install directory/ClientMgmt/jython/updateISCEAR.py
Perform the following steps to deploy the user interface into the WebSphere Administration console:
- Copy or download the updateICEAR.py file described above to a temporary directory.
- Copy or download the ecm.gui.war file to was home/systemApps/isclite.ear. Depending upon the browser and platform, the file may be renamed. Check that the file is still named ecm.gui.war.
- Change to the WAS home bin directory and run the following command:
: wsadmin.bat -lang jython -f "temp_dir/updateISCEAR.py" -username was_id -password was_password -profileName profile_name update "was_home//systemApps//isclite.ear//ecm.gui.war" ecm ecm.gui.war
: wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f "temp_dir/updateISCEAR.py" -username was_id -password was_password -profileName profile_name update "was_home//systemApps//isclite.ear//ecm.gui.war" ecm ecm.gui.war
- temp_dir is the location of the jython script.
- profile_name is the name of the Deployment Manager profile.
- was_home is the Deployment Manager install path. Double forward slashes ) are required when specifying the path to ecm.gui.war.
Parent topic: Administration user interface: XPD621