Administer a feature requirement for the portlet representing an Eclipse view. This allows you to specify the Eclipse features that are needed as prerequisites for this portlet to render properly on the client.
Each portlet maps to an Eclipse-based view (SWT view) and the features required to enter that view must be loaded on the client first. The features you specify will be automatically loaded using the Eclipse Update Manager from the URL specified.
The steps assume you have placed portlets intended to represent views on the rich client.
- Log in to WebSphere® Portal as an administrator.
- Click Administration in the Portal toolbar.
- In the navigation tree, click Portal User Interface, then Manage Pages.
- Navigate to the page layout of the target page.
- Click the Rich Client tab. The page parameters and a list of portlets are displayed.
- Click the configure (wrench) or edit (pencil) icons on the line of the portlet whose prerequisites are to be changed. The page for modifying rich client properties of the target portlet is displayed.
- In the Feature Requirements section, click Add or the modify icon on the line for an existing feature ID. The page to edit properties for a feature requirement is displayed with all fields either empty or filled in for a specific requirement, depending on whether add or modify was selected.
- Change the input fields as appropriate.
- Click an action button to save the changes.
- Click either OK or Done to finish and return to the portlet properties. Click Add More if present to create another feature requirement.
Rich client feature requirements parameters for the target portlet are changed and stored, ready for the client software to access them.
If the version of a feature is modified to a new version in the Portal editor, the Composite Application may need to be restarted when it is first loaded from the client. This allows activation of the new version of the feature in the client to take place.
The following feature parameters are available when adding or modifying a feature:
Defines the Eclipse ID for the required prerequisite feature.Feature version
Defines the desired version number of the required feature.Matching rule
Defines the version filtering algorithm used by the Eclipse update manager. It installs or updates the specified feature ID only if it finds one whose version compares to the specified version according to the matching rule specified. The following values are in the selection list box:
The actual version must be an exact match to the specified version. equivalent
The actual version must be the same as the version specified or at a higher service level (major and minor version levels must equal the specified version).compatible
The actual version must be the same as the version specified or at a higher service level or higher minor level (major level must equal the specified version).greaterOrEqual
The actual version must be the same as the version specified or at a higher service level or higher minor or higher major level.
Specifies the URL of the Eclipse Install/Update site where the client is to fetch this required feature. If not specified a default value will be supplied by the provisioning component on the client.
The following table shows the key formats for requirements, using the sample data above. The numeric suffix of the feature parameter names serves to associate the parameters for each feature and allow multiple features.
Table 1. Parameters
|PAA (Requirements Manager) Portlet Data Parameter||GUI Line Label||Additional Information|
|shared.Feature_1||Boolean where true means to put in shared location and false means to install as user specific.|
|remove.Feature_1||Boolean where true means to remove the feature.|
Parent topic: Using the Rich Client Layout Administration Portlet: XPD621