Tracing for Expeditor Client Management is enabled for the clientMgmtServices application server using the WebSphere® console.
See the troubleshooting section of the WebSphere Application Server Information Center for more information on enabling traces.
The following table lists the components to enable in order to generate tracing for Expeditor Client Management services.
|Tracing ||Component name|
| Enable database access tracing ||com.ibm.wplc.ecm.database.* |
|Enable user repository access tracing|| com.ibm.wplc.ecm.directory.* |
|Enable task scheduling tracing ||com.ibm.otis.* |
|Enable all tracing ||com.ibm.wplc.ecm.* |
Expeditor Client Management services utilizes the following log levels:
- Info - Provides details about important events which occur. The events reported are client registration, client connections, update site registration, task status change, notification, and filter synchronization.
- Warning - Provides information about a potential error that has occurred. Functionality normally not impacted.
- Severe - Provides information about an error that has occurred. Functionality is impacted.
- Fine - General trace information
- Finer - More detailed trace information. Includes Fine trace details plus method entry, exit, and return values.
- Finest - Very detailed trace information. Will generate a large amount of trace data and should only be enable to while recreating a problem in order to debug it.
For example to enable all Expeditor Client Management tracing at the Fine level, you would add the following to the trace string for the clientMgmtServices application server:
Expeditor Client Management services log messages using DETAIL, WARNING, or SEVERE are logged to the WebSphere IBM® Services log, also known as the activity log. These log messages can be formatted into Common Base Event XML format using the WebSphere showlog
command. See the WebSphere Application Server Infocenter for more information on the IBM Services log and the showlog
Parent topic: Troubleshooting Expeditor Client Management: XPD621