To start the Enterprise Management Agent Notification servlet on a desktop client, follow these steps.
- To activate the Enterprise Management Agent Notification servlet, configure the Enterprise Management Agent with polling enabled.
- See Configuring the Web Container to configure the Web container to accept connections to the "/osgiagentservlet" URI.
For example, to expose the notification servlet on port 8777 you would follow these steps:
- Update rcpinstall.properties with these two lines:
- Create a file named vhost.properties and place it your workspace directory. See Overriding the workspace directory location to find the directory on the desktop client.
- Add this line to the vhost.properties file you just made:
- From the optional features update site, install the Enterprise Management Agent Notification Servlet.
- Restart the Lotus® Expeditor Client.
To enable the servlet using the Management server only, you would need to create a feature that used the global install handler to update the rcpinstall.properties, and copy the vhost.properties file to the proper place.
After the Enterprise Management Agent Notification servlet is running on the client, you can use the notification option when creating a task to have the server notify the client that the task is available. See Notification tasks for details on using task notification on the server.
Parent topic: Enabling the Notification servlet: XPD621