To export a Client Services application that contributes an Eclipse SWT view as an application package for a Portal server administrator to install, perform the following procedure.
- Select File > Export. The Export wizard displays.
- Select Client Services > Client Services Portal deploy package.
- From the drop down menu, select the Client Services project. The system generates a list of appropriate SWT views within that project that are being contributed to the Lotus® Expeditor platform.
- From the list, select the SWT view you wish to export, install and register on the Portal server.
- Select the associated WSDL file you wish to include in the export package.
- Either enter the location for the destination file or Browse to the desired location. Click Next.
- Optionally, you may enter the rich client properties for the project, if appropriate (feature ID, feature version and update site URL).
- Click Finish.
The system generates a Client Services Portal deploy package (.zip
file) which contains a response file (.rsp
) and the associated WSDL files that are needed in order to install and register the Client Services application SWT view on the Portal server.
After accepting the Client Services Portal deploy package, the Portal administrator must complete the following two steps:
- Run the Command Line WAR builder utility (part of NCI) to create a WAR file using the response file as input. This new WAR file will represent the Client Services SWT view on the Portal server.
Note: If the optional rich client properties were included in the deploy package, the Portal administrator can edit the response file to specify those properties (such as the update site URL, feature ID or feature version).
- Install the new WAR file on the Portal server and register it. The Portal administrator can use either the XmlAccess method or the web based admin module to install the WAR file on Portal.
Parent topic: Registering and deploying a Client Services application to a Portal server using a server administrator: XPD621