You can install the Network Client Installer on Expeditor Server, a standalone Web server, or a Portal server.
For information about Network Client Installer system requirements, see Expeditor 6.2 system requirements.
Before you begin you should understand the configuration of these servers to know which choices are best for you. You must also have an active account on the server.
To install the Network Client Installer, follow these steps:
- Insert the Lotus Expeditor CD into the CD-ROM drive.
Note: For Portal clustered environments, install the Network Client Installer on only one Portal node in the cluster.
- If autorun is enabled on your system, a browser opens and displays a welcome page. If autorun is disabled, launch the file that is appropriate for your server operating system. The Network Client Installer is located on Lotus Expeditor CD in the \nci directory:
Launch \nci\install\setupaixLinux on System p™
- Follow the prompts to install the Network Client Installer.
Note: Do not install the Network Client Installer in the multiple locales NL path. Valid characters for an installation directory are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-' (dash), '_' (underscore), and space (Windows only). Double-byte characters are not valid.
If you choose to install on the Web server, you are prompted for the HTTP server document root location, the host name, and the URL to access the document root. You also have the choice to set the Device Management agent URL, as well as the Portal URL.
If you choose to install on the Portal server, you are prompted for the Portal server home directory and the administrative user ID and password for the Portal server.
Specify these settings as they pertain to your environment.
- For Portal clustered environments only, complete the following steps:
- Wait for the Deployment Manager to synchronize the Network Client Installer portlets to the other nodes in the cluster, or force synchronization.
- Activate the deployed portlets:
Run the following command from the portal_server_root/config directory:Windows
Run the following command from the portal_server_root/config directory:
- If you encounter an error during the installation process while installing the application template, you may have to install it manually. To do so, perform the following procedure:
- Launch the portal administration interface.
- Click Launch, then select Templates.
- Select the Template Library tab.
- Next, click Import... at the top left of the template area.
- Using the File selection dialog, select the file from the client CD. It is located in the nci/portal60/scripts directory, and named SampleAppTemplate.xml.
- Click OK to import the template.
The Network Client Installer is installed on the server and the server is ready for a client to install.
If you are installing on the Web server
, the following Network Client Installer components are deployed on the server:
If you are installing on the Portal server
- Lotus Expeditor update site
- Lotus Expeditor installers
- Download applet
- The configuration files for the download applet that contain the host URL are updated with information gathered during the installation.
, the following Network Client Installer components are deployed on the Portal server:
- Portlets for Portal-administered client
- Download portlet for client install
- Application template
After the Network Client Installer is installed, the file layout is as follows:
Contains the program root folder files./Expeditor/applet
Contains files for the download applet./Expeditor/install
Contains client installers and option files./Expeditor/updates
Contains the Eclipse update site.
Installing the Network Client Installer when using SSL with a selfsigned test certificate: XPD621
If you have configured your Web server or Portal server to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and are using a self-signed test certificate, you must create a truststore and define it to the Network Client Installer before running the Network Client Installer to ensure that SSL communications will occur properly between the Network Client Installer install program and the Web server or Portal server.
Parent topic: Installing with the Network Client Installer: XPD621
Notifying users on how to install from the Web using Windows and Linux: XPD621
Notifying users on how to install from the Web using supported devices: XPD621