This topic describes the JMS features that the micro broker supports.
The following features are supported:
- JMS publish and subscribe style messaging.
- Both the JMS 1.1 and JMS 1.0.2b interfaces. The JMS 1.1 interfaces should be the preferred method for application development.
- JMS point-to-point style messaging
- All JMS message types:
An application may use the JMS retained publication feature by setting a message property in one of three ways:
- jmsmsg.setIntProperty(JmsConstants.JMS_IBM_RETAIN, JmsConstants.RETAIN_PUBLICATION);
- jmsmsg.setIntProperty(MQTTConstants.JMS_IBM_RETAIN, MQTTConstants.RETAIN_PUBLICATION);
- jmsmsg.setIntProperty(”JMS_IBM_Retain”, 1);
A JMS client may determine if it is receiving a retained publication or a new message by querying the JMS message properties:
- jmsmsg.getIntProperty(”JMS_IBM_Retain”); jmsmsg.getJMSTimestamp();
This matches the scheme used by WebSphere MQ.
The following features are not supported:
- XA for distributed transactions
- JMS Application Server Facilities
If a feature is used that is not supported, an appropriate JMSException
will be thrown.
Parent topic: Developing a JMS application: XPD621