This topic provides instructions on how to migrate from Device Manager 2.1 to Client Management services 1.0 in Lotus® Expeditor Server 6.2.
Migration of Device Manager data is not required. You should only consider migrating Device Manager data if you are using the Device Manager in a Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 production environment where you want to preserve information on the registered clients and registered software. Not all information is migrated from Device Manager server 2.1.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have met the following requirements before migrating from Device Manager 2.1 to Client Management services 1.0:
- Ensure that the Expeditor 6.1 Device Management Server is running.
- Ensure that any clients with versions earlier than Lotus Expeditor 6.1 are upgraded to Lotus Expeditor 6.1 or above.
- If your Expeditor 6.1 Server is configured for SSL, follow these steps:
- Export the certificate on the Expeditor 6.2 Server using the Key Management tool. See the WebSphere® Application Server 6.0 Information Center for information on extracting certificates using the Key Management tool.
- Copy the certificate to the Expeditor 6.2 system and import the certificate into the WebSphere Java Runtime certificate store using the keyTool, located in was_home/java/jre/bin. For example:
keyTool –import –alias aliasName –file cert.arm –keystore ..\\lib\\security\\cacert –storepass changeit
The default password for the Java certificate store is changed.
- If prompted to trust the certificate, reply yes.
To perform the migration, follow these steps from the Expeditor 6.2 Server system:
- Open a command prompt and change to the following directory: xpd_install_dir/ClientMgmt/tools
- Set the WAS_HOME environment variable to point to the location where WebSphere Application Server is installed.
- Optional: If the Expeditor 6.1 Server is configured for SSL, edit the ssl.properties file and set the key store information. For example:
- Run the migrate script on the Expeditor 6.2 Server system. Provide the host name and port of the DMS server running on the Expeditor 6.1 machine. Issue migrate.bat/sh -? to view information about the options. The following example shows how to migrate from hostA containing Expeditor 6.1 to hostB containing Expeditor 6.2:
migrate.bat/sh -fromHost hostA -fromUser xpdadmin -fromPassword xpdadminpass -toHost localhost
-toUser xpdadmin -toPassword xpdadminpass
Messages are displayed indicating how many clients and update sites were migrated.
- Log in the WebSphere console on the Expeditor 6.2 Server system and verify that the clients and update sites are displayed correctly.
After you migrate
After the required migration steps are complete, some of the following tasks may be required depending on your environment:
- Upgrade the clients. You can upgrade the clients over a period of time.
Parent topic: Migrating from Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1.x to 6.2: XPD621