This topic includes the overall process for migrating from Lotus® Expeditor Server 6.1.x to Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2.
Use the following instructions to migrate from Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 to Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2. If your 6.1 system was configured with a local user registry, see " System configured with local user registry " for information on migrating from 6.1 to 6.2. If your 6.1 system was configured with an external registry (LDAP) see " System configured with an external user registry (LDAP) ."
Also, it is recommended you use the same userid and groups for the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 as you used for the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system to ensure successful migration.
System configured with local user registry
A system configured with the local user registry cannot be migrated directly to a Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 system. The Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system must first be reconfigured with an external registry (LDAP) before starting the migration process.
System configured with an external user registry
Follow the procedure to migrate a Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system that is configured using an external registry.
- Configure the target WebSphere® Application Server 6.1 profile with an external federated repository (LDAP). This LDAP must be the same LDAP that is configured with Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/twim_ldap_settings.html for information on configuring a federated repository with an LDAP. This is a significant change with Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 in that the registry configuration must be configured before configuring Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2.
- Install Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 on a separate system. Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 allows you to selectively install and configure the functions that you want. If you plan on scaling the system to multiple servers, select the Custom option and add each component using the configuration wizard. When adding components, select to deploy with a remote database server. In addition, for a scalable system, it is recommended that you select to configure into a WebSphere Application server managed profile.
- Test and confirm system works as expected, then shut down the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 application servers after the install is complete.
- Quiesce the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system to reduce the amount of activity using the server.
- Migrate DB2® Everyplace® component data if necessary. See Migrating DB2 Everyplace data for the procedures to migrate DB2 Everyplace data.
- Migrate DMS component data. See Migrating Client Management services data for the procedures to migrate the DMS component data.
- You can restart the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 and use it, if desired, while migration testing of Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 proceeds.
Note: Keep in mind that any changes to back end data on the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1 system will not be reflected in the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 system unless migration is performed again.
- Migrate and Deploy any application from the 6.1 system to the 6.2 system. Migration may be necessary since Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 runs on a higher level version of WebSphere Application Server (v6.1). For the MQ Everyplace application, you need to create any necessary queues.
- Test the Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 server to ensure a successful migration of data.
- If this is the final migration, perform addition final migration steps to route all request to your Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2 system. See "Final steps for migration."
Parent topic: Migrating from Lotus Expeditor Server 6.1.x to 6.2: XPD621