Opening an ISA service requestAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the IBM® Support Assistant to open a service request to IBM Support.
Use the IBM® Support Assistant to open a service request to IBM Support.
You must enter your IBM ID and your IBM password. You receive these credentials when you purchase an IBM service contract.
To open a service request, follow these steps:
- Open the IBM Support Assistant and select the Managed Service Request activity from the Home page or Launch Activity button.
- On the Service Request tab, click Open a New Service Request to sign in to the Software Support Web site. You must have an active internet connection and know your IBM customer number.
- Enter the requested information. The Workbench prompts you to provide the following types of information:
When you create or update a software service request, you can attach files for upload, such as the zip file created when collecting data for Lotus® Expeditor. You can select a collector file, an inventory file, or any other case file to upload with your service request. You can also browse your file system and select any file to upload with your service request. After providing this information, click Submit.
- Product that requires support
- Component that best describes the type of problem
- Contract, also known as Agreement or IBM Customer Number
- Contact Information, such as name, telephone, and email
- Description of the problem
Note: The files you upload with your service request cannot exceed two gigabytes in total size.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting the Lotus Expeditor Server: XPD621
Collecting data using the IBM Support Assistant: XPD621
Analyzing data for Lotus Expeditor: XPD621
Contacting IBM support: XPD621
Learning more: XPD621