You can use response files to perform the upgrade process silently.
When performing a silent upgrade, there are two phases:
- Installation: Validates existing install and upgrades the core files.
- Configuration: Upgrades component files, runs tasks to update databases, deploys updated EAR files, and implements other configuration settings.
When the upgrade installation process completes, the suite_install.log
file moves from the \$TEMP/IBM/logs/
directory to the expeditor_install_dir/logs
directory. For a silent upgrade, the installation phase automatically launches the configuration phase, unless the UpgradeInfo.prompt
property is true
. When the configuration phase is running, a config.log
file in the expeditor_install_dir/logs
directory tracks the progress.
Response file templates are located in the root directory of the product install media. Simply edit the values in a response file template and then run the script from that directory as shown:
: ./install.sh –silent –options install.rsp
: install.bat –silent –options install.rsp
See the response file templates for details on editing the response file. For information about options, see the install.rsp
If you selected to run the configuration upgrade separately, no response file is needed for the configuration phase. Simply run the configuration script with the -silent
option as shown:
: config.bat -silent
- All values must be enclosed in double quotes ( "" ) when entered on a command line.
- Passwords with special characters cannot be passed on the command line. For more information, see Supported naming conventions.
- Options specified in the response file override the options passed on the command line, so you must comment (#) options in the file that you want to pass on the command line.
Installation option defaults and descriptions for upgrade are as follows:
Table 1. install.rsp options
|–silent||Specifies that you want to install Lotus Expeditor Server silently. When installing silently, the installation program does not display any graphical interface panels or solicit input from the user. |
|–G licenseAccepted="false"||Specifies that you accept the license agreement for Lotus Expeditor Server. By default, this value is set to false. You must set this value to true for the silent install to complete successfully: -G licenseAccepted="true"|
|-W UpgradeInfo.prompt="false"||Determines if the configurator displays a summary or pauses before installed components are upgraded. |
Parent topic: Performing an upgrade install: XPD621