You may be able to remove a widget from the My Widgets sidebar panel using the Remove Component and Actions
If you manually added the widget from the catalog (using the drag and drop install method), you are allowed to remove the widget, but you'll be prompted if you want to receive updates for that widget. When prompted, your options are as follows:
- Click Yes to remove the widget and receive future updates.
- Click No to remove the widget and not receive future updates.
- Click Cancel to not remove the widget.
- Right-click the widget in the My Widgets sidebar panel.
- Click Remove Component and Actions.
The widget and its component actions are removed from the My Widgets sidebar panel
Parent topic: Creating and publishing widgets: XPD621