Requirements for parallel migrationAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can perform parallel migration to DB2® Everyplace® 9.1.3, you must meet the following requirements.
Before you can perform parallel migration to DB2® Everyplace® 9.1.3, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be migrating from DB2 Everyplace 9.1 in Lotus® Expeditor Server 6.1 to DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 in Lotus Expeditor Server 6.2
- You will need a separate physical server for DB2 Everyplace 9.1. UNIX® servers support parallel migration on the same physical server, but DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 must be a separate instance from the older version of DB2 Everyplace.
- Parallel migration to DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 is supported for the following source databases:
- DB2 for zSeries®
- DB2 for iSeries®
- SQL Server
For the supported versions of each source database, see Source databases supported by DB2 Everyplace
DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 does not support parallel migration for configurations with Informix® source databases on any operating system. For information about the migration steps for this unsupported database, contact IBM® Software Support.
- Do not change user IDs or passwords during migration. Make these changes only after you have completed migration and you have verified that DB2 Everyplace is functioning properly.
- Do not create or edit subscriptions on any server during migration. You must clean up and disable the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.x server before you edit or create subscriptions on the DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 server.
- If you have both JDBC and DataPropagator subscriptions, you must import each type of subscription separately.
- The new DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 server can write to the production source databases at the same time as the older version of DB2 Everyplace. If this is a concern, duplicate the source databases before beginning the migration process and test the new DB2 Everyplace 9.1.3 configuration with the test source databases. This test is supported only for JDBC subscriptions.
- If you have DataPropagator subscriptions, you must follow special instructions for importing and exporting DataPropagator subscriptions.
Parent topic: Migrating DB2 Everyplace data: XPD621