The Expeditor client runtime or the client computer can be restarted using a Restart Clients task.
The following options are available with the Restart Clients task:
- Prompt user before restarting client - indicates that the client should present a prompt to the user before restarting the client. The user must accept the restart before the client is restarted.
If this option is not selected, then the restart will occur without any chance for the user to defer it. This may cause the user to lose information they are working on when the client restarts.
- Minutes Between Prompts - if the user responds to wait before restarting the client, this setting indicates how many minutes to wait before the prompt appears again.
- Maximum Number Of Prompts - the maximum number of times the client user is allowed to postpone the restart. When the maximum number of prompts have been deferred, the final prompt will not have the option to defer, but will force the user to restart the client.
- Restart entire computer - this option will restart the computer where client is running.
CAUTION: This option does not provide any means to prompt the end user. The computer will be restarted 30 seconds after client receives the Client Restart task.
To run a Restart Clients task using the administrative console, perform the following steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Optionally, select one or more clients. You can select additional clients in a later step including targeting a filter.
- Select Restart Clients from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type. See Managing tasks for more information on task types. Click Next.
- Select the Restart Client Options and click Next. See above for details on the Restart Client Options.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. See Targeting tasks for more information. Click Next when complete.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Managing tasks for more information on task options.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. See Monitoring task progress
for more information.
The Client Restart task to restart the Expeditor Client runtime is only supported by Lotus® Expeditor 6.2 and above based clients. The Client Restart task to restart the entire computer is only supported by Lotus Expeditor 6.1.2 and above based clients. If you run the Client Restart task against a client release that does not support it, the following message is displayed in the task status: Operation not supported for this client.
Parent topic: Managing with a Client Management server: XPD621