Files on one or more clients may be uploaded to the Client Management server where they can be accessed from the administrative console using a Retrieve File task.
To run a Retrieve File task using the console, perform the following steps:
- Select Expeditor Client Management > Clients.
- Optionally select one or more clients. You will be able to select additional clients in a later step including targeting a filter.
- Select Retrieve File from the list of actions and click Go.
- Select the task type. See Managing tasks for more information on task types. Click Next.
- Enter the full path of the file on the client and click Next.
- Update the target client queue if needed. You can target filters from this panel. See Filters for targeting tasks for more information. Click Next when complete.
- Set the task options and click Create Task. See Managing tasks for more information on task options.
After the task is created, you can view the task status and monitor its progress. For more information, see Monitoring task progress
The retrieve file function is only supported by Lotus® Expeditor 6.2 and above based clients. If you run the Retrieve File task against a prior client release you will get the following message in the task status: Operation not supported for this client.
The file output is stored in the Client Management server database. To prevent unnecessary growth in the size of the database you should delete the output after you are finished using it or have downloaded it to another machine. You can delete the output for all clients by deleting the task or for a single client by going to Expeditor Client Management > Client > client_id > Retrieved Files
Parent topic: Managing with a Client Management server: XPD621