This section details how existing workspaces are handled.
Workspaces will reused if the value of the rcp.install.id
property in the rcpinstall.properties does not match the value of rcp.install.id
property in the rcplauncher.properties.
This situation will generally occur if a workspace pre-exists on a system, and a new install of Lotus® Expeditor occurs.
If the launcher determines that the workspace does not match the installed version of the platform based on the rcp.install.id
property, the launcher will take the following actions:
- The .config/platform.xml file will be copied to the workspace root and renamed to platform.xml.old.
- The .config directory is backed up.
- A new rcpinstall.properties will be created from the contents of the rcpinstall.properties supplied in the com.ibm.rcp.base plug-in.
- The ProvisioningApplication will be launched to create a new workspace:
- The ProvisioningApplication will read the provisioning manifest defined by the rcplauncher.properties file and will attempt to create a new workspace using the features already installed on the file system, just as if the workspace had not previously existed.
- The ProvisioningApplication will read the platform.xml.old file that was created and will attempt to enable each of the features included in the user applications site.
- The ProvisioningApplication will read the provisioning manifest and will attempt to enable each of the features included in the shared site.
- The ProvisioningApplication will exit and the launcher will restart the installed platform.
Parent topic: Launching the Lotus Expeditor on the desktop: XPD621