Searching IBM knowledge basesAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can often find solutions to problems by searching IBM® knowledge bases. This topic describes how to optimize your results by using available resources, support tools, and search methods.
You can often find solutions to problems by searching IBM® knowledge bases. This topic describes how to optimize your results by using available resources, support tools, and search methods.
Parent topic: Learning more: XPD621
Available technical resources
The following technical resources are available to help you answer questions and resolve problems:
Searching with support tools
The following desktop tools are available to help you search across IBM knowledge bases:
- IBM Support Assistant (ISA) is a software serviceability workbench that helps you resolve questions and problems with IBM software products. It provides quick access to support-related information along with serviceability tools for problem determination. For example, click Find Information on the Support Assistant Home page to search Support documents, developerWorks® articles, newsgroups, and forums. You can also use the Advanced Search link to target specific document types, such as APARs (problem reports), downloads, or technotes.
- IBM Software Support Toolbar is a browser plug-in that provides you with a mechanism to easily search IBM support sites. You can download the toolbar at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/toolbar/.
The following resources describe how to optimize your search results:
Receiving automatic updates
. To receive weekly e-mail notifications regarding fixes and other support news, follow these steps:
- Go to the IBM Software Support Web site at http://www.ibm.com/software/support/.
- Click My support in the far upperright corner of the page under Personalized support.
- If you have already registered for My support, sign in and skip to the next step. If you have not registered, click register now. Complete the registration form using your e-mail address as your IBM ID and click Submit.
- Click Edit profile.
- In the Products list, select Software. A second list is displayed.
- In the second list, select a product segment, for example, Systems management. A third list is displayed.
- In the third list, select a product sub-segment, for example, Application Performance & Availability. A list of applicable products is displayed.
- Select the products for which you want to receive updates.
- Click Add products.
- After selecting all products that are of interest to you, click Subscribe to email on the Edit profile tab.
- Select Please send these documents by weekly email.
- Update your e-mail address as needed.
- In the Documents list, select Software.
- Select the types of documents that you want to receive information about.
- Click Update.
. For information on RSS, including steps for getting started and a list of RSS-enabled IBM web pages, visit www.ibm.com/software/support/rss/ http://www.ibm.com/software/support/rss/