Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Follow these steps:
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, secwebapp.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To launch the test runtime:
- Locate the project com.ibm.rcp.samples.webapp.secured.form in the Project Explorer under the Dynamic Web Projects folder.
- Right-click the project and select Run > Run on Server. The Server Selection dialog is displayed.
- Select a Client Services server from the list. If a Client Services server is not on the list, select Manually define a server and choose it from the list of server types.
- Click Finish to launch the runtime.
Parent topic: Secured Web application: XPD621
Running the sample
To run the sample, follow these steps:
- View the Web browser opened by the tools. Select Create Users to create the necessary users for this sample.
- Select one of the available pages (admin.jsp, user.jsp, or guest.jsp). The login page is displayed.
- Enter the Userid and Password for one of the users listed on the page. If the Userid is not enabled to access a particular page, an error page is displayed.
- Use the browser's Back button to return to the Web application main page (/secured_form/index.jsp).
- Click Logout to log out of the application, allowing another user to be selected.
The following table shows the accessibility of the pages within the application:
|not logged in||✓|
Before exiting the runtime, select Delete Users
to clean up the users added for this sample.
To end the runtime, select File > Exit
from the menu.
This sample does not require use of the console to run.