Simple portlet setup instructionsAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Before you can run the sample, you must first import the sample into your workspace and launch the test runtime.
Follow these steps:
- To import the sample:
- Select File > Import.
- From the Import Wizard, select General and then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Archive file radio button.
- Enter the name of the sample jar file, calcportlet.jar, or browse to the com.ibm.rcp.tools.samplegallery plug-in directory and select the jar file from the archive directory.
- The dialog shows the projects present in the archive jar file. Select Finish to install the projects into your workspace.
- To launch the test runtime:
- Locate the project com.ibm.rcp.samples.portlets.calculatorportlet in the Project Explorer under the Dynamic Web Projects folder.
- Right-click the project and select Run > Run on Server. The Server Selection dialog is displayed.
- Select a Client Services server from the list. If a Client Services server is not on the list, select Manually define a server and choose it from the list of server types.
- Click Finish to launch the runtime.
- To run the sample, use the Web browser opened by the tools. The portlet URL is displayed. You can also view this portlet in the client runtime. To do so, select Open > Sample Calculator Portlet. To end the runtime, select File > Exit from the menu.
This sample does not require use of the console to run.
Parent topic: Simple portlet: XPD621