Using Product InformationAdded by IBM on October 4, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the Product Information task to help you locate valuable information about the product, such as the product home page, support information, and news groups and forums.
Use the Product Information
task to help you locate valuable information about the product, such as the product home page, support information, and news groups and forums.
Before you can view product information you need to install product add-ons into your IBM® Support Assistant Workbench.
- Select product from column labeled "Products".
- Select information type from column labeled "Product Information".
You can choose from the following types of information:
- Home page
- Find information such as product features, benefits, and requirements.
- Start here for basic product information, such as datasheets.
- Stay current with product news and announcements.
- Watch for special offers and events.
- Follow links to success stories, billable services, online demos, and more.
- Support page
- Find information such as product Technotes, downloads, and flashes.
- Review recent Technotes, flashes, and APARs.
- Enroll in IBM My Support program.
- Access IBM Support Handbook.
- Follow links to redbooks, white papers, hints and tips, and more.
- Participate in detailed product discussions.
- Observe current discussion threads to see if they are relevant to your needs.
- Create new discussions to pose your questions.
- Skills enhancement
- Find ways to increase your product knowledge.
- Access product roadmaps -- online guided tours based on your role.
- Explore IBM Education Assistant -- online catalog of educational modules. Learn about other product-specific education options.
- Find guidance in diagnosing product problems.
- Work through questions and checklists to help you recognize symptoms, identify problems, and find solutions.
- Find out the latest news for your products.
- Read product flashes and other relevant announcements.
Parent topic: Product Information: XPD621