Use the Search Information
task to search multiple repositories for information about the product.
- Enter text in the search box.
- Select one or more search locations:
Click Go! to start your search.
Select Advanced Search to set search options.
- IBM® Software Support Documents
- IBM developerWorks®
- IBM Newsgroups and Forums
- Google TM Web Search
- Product Information Centers
You can set options for how you wish to search each repository (target). If you search IBM Software Support Documents you can select document type, product, and version. If you search IBM developerWorks or IBM Newsgroups and Forums you can select product family. If you search a Product Information Center you need to select a product.
- There is no prescribed syntax for entering search text, because each search location can support a different syntax.
- Search results are ranked according to native ranking algorithm of each search location.
- Select Advanced Search or click the link next to the target name to set search options for a given target.
- You may not always see a Product Information Center. Product Information Centers depend on product add-ons. A product add-on may or may not contain a Product Information Center.
- Select Enable search target or Disable search target to include or exclude this target from your searching.
- You can save your search target settings by pressing OK or Apply. If you press Cancel, your changes will be discarded. Default search options can be reinstated by pressing Restore Defaults.
Parent topic: Search Information: XPD621