The Portlet Viewer is an Eclipse view wrapper for a JSR 168 portlet. It consists of a SWT browser instance whose URL points to a JSR 168 portlet deployed onto the Portlet Container. The main benefit of the Portlet Viewer is that it provides a unified rich client component for the composite application framework, for portlet presentation and interaction.
A Portlet Viewer instance can be instantiated and contributed to the Lotus® Expeditor platform in two ways:
To declaratively define and contribute a Portlet Viewer instance to the Lotus Expeditor platform, perform the following procedure:
- Select the Client Services Portlet project you want to wrap with the Portlet Viewer instance.
- Right click the plugin.xml descriptor file and select Open With > Plug-in Manifest Editor.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Select Add.
- Locate the com.ibm.rcp.portletviewer.portlets extension point and select Finish.
- Update the <portletData> element attributes.
- Save the plugin.xml file.
Parent topic: Developing with user interface widgets: XPD621