The second requirement for inter-portlet communication or portlet-to-eclipse communication is to define the wires between the source and target components. Wires can be defined and contributed to the Lotus® Expeditor platform in two ways:
- In the Portal-managed environment, the wires should be created using the Portlet Wiring Tool. The wire information will be stored in the Composite Application (CA) XML file and passed down to the Lotus Expeditor platform through the Composite Application Infrastructure. The wires from the CA XML file will be translated to a Property Broker wire by the Topology Handler.
- In the non Portal managed environment, the wire can be defined and contributed using the Property Broker wire extension point – com.ibm.rcp.propertybroker.PropertyBrokerWire.
To declaratively register the wire definitions with the Property Broker, perform the following procedure:
- Select the Client Services Portlet project you want to add the wire definitions to.
- Right click the plugin.xml descriptor file and select Open With > Plug-in Manifest Editor.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Select Add.
- Locate the com.ibm.rcp.propertybroker.PropertyBrokerWire extension point and select Finish.
- Update the <wire> element attributes.
- Save the plugin.xml file.
Parent topic: Portlet intercommunication: XPD621